This application is valid for the 2019-2020 school year and this year, we will be awarding two (2) scholarships of $2,000 each.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Green Valley High School senior
- Must have attended Green Valley High School for at least two full years
- Must embody Green Valley High School’s motto, “Commitment to Excellence”
- Must have earned a minimum of a 2.5 cumulative GPA as of the end of 1st semester senior year
Each scholarship award is for $2,000. Verification of full-time enrollment at a post-secondary institution is required for disbursement of award. Class schedule will be sufficient to verify enrollment. Scholarship funds must be applied towards tuition, fees, or other appropriate educational expenses. The award will be disbursed in two equal payments at the beginning of each semester of the first year of enrollment.
Deadline to apply: March 13th, 2020
The applicant who is chosen to receive this scholarship will be honored during Senior Awards Night.
The following items must be submitted by 11:59pm of the deadline date in order to be considered:
- Completed scholarship application
- 250 words essay describing how the applicant has embodied “Commitment to Excellence”
- Three letters of recommendation from Green Valley staff members. Letters can be written by support staff, teachers, counselors, coaches, advisors or administrators
The essay will be submitted through this form. Letters of recommendation as well as the transcript must be uploaded via this document. If you experience difficulties with uploading documents or have other questions related to this scholarship/application, please contact Kent Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-799-0950 ext. 4100.
This scholarship is made possible by generous donations to the Green Valley High School Alumni Foundation.